Draconian measures by climate change pseudoscientists are now threatening mankind on another level. They're calling for Second World War-style rationing in countries to bring down carbon emissions.
In a series of papers published by the Royal Society, physicists and chemists including Oxford University and the Met Office, agreed that current plans to tackle their theories on global warming are not enough.
In one paper Professor Kevin Anderson, Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, said the only way to reduce global emissions enough is to halt economic growth in the rich world over the next twenty years.
This would mean a drastic change in lifestyles for many people in Europe and North America as everyone will have to buy less ‘carbon intensive’ goods and services such as long haul flights and fuel hungry cars.
Prof Anderson admitted it “would not be easy” to persuade people to reduce their consumption of goods
He said politicians should consider a rationing system similar to the one introduced during the last “time of crisis” in the 1930s and 40s.
This could mean a limit on electricity so people are forced to turn the heating down, turn off the lights and replace electrical goods like fridges with models that would be regulated by the government. Food that has travelled from abroad may be limited.
“The Second World War and the concept of rationing is something we need to seriously consider if we are to address the scale of the problem we face,” he said.
“I am not saying we have to go back to living in caves,” he said. “Our emissions were a lot less ten years ago and we got by ok then.”
However, according to projected figures expected from carbon emissions by 2020, that is precisely what would happen as emissions would be required to be less than the output before the industrial era even began. This would be mean that most factories and companies in the developed world would need to be shut down thus completely destabilizing economical growth.
Some interesting facts on why climate change pseudoscience is flawed:
- There is “no real scientific proof” that the current warming is caused by the rise of greenhouse gases from man’s activity.
- Man-made carbon dioxide emissions throughout human history constitute less than 0.00022 percent of the total naturally emitted from the mantle of the earth during geological history.
- Warmer periods of the Earth’s history came around 800 years before rises in CO2 levels.
- After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.
- Throughout the Earth’s history, temperatures have often been warmer than now and CO2 levels have often been higher – more than ten times as high.
- Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout geologic time.
- A large body of scientific research suggests that the sun is responsible for the greater share of climate change during the past hundred years.
- Politicians and activiists claim rising sea levels are a direct cause of global warming but sea levels rates have been increasing steadily since the last ice age 10,000 ago