April 16, 2012
Why You Need To Add Mangoes On Your Grocery Your List
Not only do they taste great, but mangoes are also loaded with several qualities that are excellent for your health. Their powerful antioxidants are known to neutralize free radicals that cause damage to cells and lead to health problems like heart disease, premature aging and cancer among other things.
- Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals, and has antioxidant compounds. It is beneficial for digestion too.
- According to a new research, mangoes have been found to protect against colon, breast and prostate cancers.
- Fresh mango is a rich source of potassium, which is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps to control heart rate and blood pressure.
- Vitamin E, which is abundantly present in mangoes, helps to regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive.
- Mango helps to clear clogged pores that cause acne. Just slice a mango into thin pieces and keep them on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and then take bath or wash your face and see the results.
- It's a known fact that mangoes are rich in Iron. People who suffer from anaemia can take mangoes regularly along with their dinner. It is especially good for women after menopause.
- High level of soluble dietary fibre, Pectin and Vitamin C present in mangoes helps to lower serum cholesterol levels.
- Some studies say that eating mangoes reduces the risk of kidney stone formation.
- In Chinese medicine, mangoes are considered sweet and sour with a cooling energy. They are useful for those suffering from anaemia, bleeding gums, cough, fever, nausea and even sea sickness.
- With its high iron content, mangoes are excellent for pregnant women and those who suffer from anaemia.
- Studying for exams? This fruit is rich in glutamine acid-- an important protein for concentration and memory. Instead of snacking on unhealthy chips and cookies, why not feast on slices of mangoes instead.
- A recent study shows that not only the flesh of a mango but the leaves can fight diabetes.
Health tip: Before going to bed put some 10 or 15 mango leaves in warm water and close it with lid. The next day morning filter the water and drink it in empty stomach. Do this regularly.