Aug 19, 2012 by EDITOR
11 Natural Home Remedies To Treat Acne
Tired of the regular zits that keep popping up every now and then? You can bid adieu to a pimple here and there by following these simple and natural home remedies with lime juice being one of the most powerful ingredients in many recipes.
In Western cultures, studies have indicated that acne affects 79% to 95% of adolescents and persists into middle age in 12% of women and 3% of men.
There is evidence to suggest that high-glycemic carbohydrates--those that substantially boost blood sugar levels--set off a series of hormonal changes known to underlie the development of acne. However, some acne is caused by other factors which act superficially on the first few layers of skin.
In a recent victory for the natural health industry, research showed that the herb thyme may be better at zapping acne than expensive prescription creams, gels and lotions.
Acne usually starts with blackheads, which are formed when oil along with dead cells gets stuck in your pores and turn black. The inflammation when it turns red are the unsightly pimples that all of us dread. While a regular clean-up will reduce your blackheads, here's what you can do to prevent them naturally.
1. Take a few pieces of jaiphal (nutmeg), mix it with some unboiled milk and apply the paste on your acne. Wash it off after about two hours.
2. Make a mixture of cinnamon powder and honey and apply on your pimples before you go to bed in the night. Wash it with warm water when you wake up in the morning. Do this for a fortnight and watch your pimples disappear.
3. Not only are oranges good for overall health, you can use orange peels as a remedy for pimples too. Grind the peels, mix them with a few drops of water and apply it on your face.
4. Mix a tablespoon each of fresh lime juice and groundnut oil and apply it on your face to avoid blackheads.
5. Leave fresh mint juice on your face overnight to tame pimples.
6. Take methi (fenugreek) leaves and make a paste. Apply it every night for 15 minutes and wash it off.
7. Take turmeric powder and neem leaves. Apply the mixture on your pimples. Leave it on your face for about half an hour.
8. Take equal quantities of rose water and lime juice and apply the mixture on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
9. Make a face-wash by adding fresh lime juice to a cup of unboiled milk and using it on your face.
10. Take some tomato pulp and apply it on your face. Leave it for 45 minutes and wash it off.
11. Take a few drops of gulab jal (rose-water) and mix it with sandalwood. Apply the paste on your face and wash it off after 20 minutes.