7 Concepts That Shape Who You Are, How You Think About Yourself and Others
Our world of duality is slowly changing. More of us are seeing each other for who we are and why we're here. Every aspect of our lives revolves around how we think and feel about ourselves and those around us. If we understand what we need to accept in our lives to move on, life is just so much easier. Practice accepting these seven things and your outlook on life will change very quickly.
1. Accept Responsibility Guilt is a trick of the mind. Accept responsibility for yourself, your life and your actions. You are response-able. You are an adult. You are account-able, meaning, with every action you take, you account for it. You chose to do it; you must accept the consequences of it and you did it all for a reason...to learn. If you continue to feel guilty, you stop learning. You attract every single experience in your life, regardless of how positive or negative your perception is of that experience. You must come to terms that there are no negative experiences, only experiences.
2. Accept That Others Need To Experience Their Own Reality
Stop trying to bring people over to your team. They are on your team, they're just playing a different position. Everybody has their own version of the truth and your version is no more correct than theirs. Your version of the truth is dictated by your path and learning experience which is completely defined by your vibrational state. That is why we are so unique and capable of creating our own realities. We are what we think and feel. It is much wiser to agree to disagree than impose your truth on another person whose learning experience may be the polar opposite of your own, after all your truth is only YOUR TRUTH not anyone else's. Think of every person as having their own Earth and your just another player in their game. They're making the rules, not you and they may see what you see one day, but until that day comes be kind, respectful and share your knowledge in the most courteous way possible. The goal is to open doors, not close them
3. Accept You Can't Change or Control Anybody Else
Be willing to let go of your need to always control everything that happens to you and around you -- situations, events, people, etc. Whether they are loved ones, coworkers, or just strangers you meet on the street -- just allow them to be. Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better that will make you feel. You can never control anybody but yourself. Your need to control others stems from your own fears and lack of control in your own life. As soon as you are able to let go, your need for control will end. "By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond winning."
~ Lao Tzu
4. Accept That Money Is Only Energy And Nothing More Money has become a symbol of oppression, control, restriction, greed, but is it really? What is money? Money is only energy and it is only what we make it. If you feel you are always lacking money and financial freedom, it is only a reflection of other problems in your life. Most people that desire financial wealth and don't have it are not allowing energy to flow. They have emotions and programs running that are blocking their ability to attract wealth. It has nothing to do with their job or income. Is has to do with with how they feel about themselves and others. The key is to put ourselves in a frame of mind where we don't associate money with anything negative. However you generate money, let it be doing something you really enjoy without a NEED to do it. It must be because you WANT to do it and you ENJOY it. Positive mind, positive energy and the money will flow.
5. Accept That Your Expectations Will Filter Your Experience
Let go of any expectations of yourself that will limit your growth. If you hold high expectations for how others should behave, you will often be disappointed if they do not represent themselves in the manner you expected. It is only your expectations of people that cause you to judge them which ultimately is a judgement of yourself. Far too many people are living a life that is not theirs to live. They live their lives according to what others think is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government and the media think is best for them. They ignore their inner voice, that inner calling. They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives. They forget what makes them happy, what they want, what they need...and eventually they forget about themselves. You have one life -- this one right now -- you must live it, own it, and especially don’t let other people’s opinions distract you from your path.
6. Accept That You Don't Have To Be A Right-Fighter To Be True To Yourself There are so many of us who can’t stand the idea of being wrong -- wanting to always be right -- even at the risk of ending great relationships or causing a great deal of stress and pain, for us and for others. We love to right-fight. It’s just not worth it because the state of being right is all subjective with so many layers and perspectives of truth. Whenever you feel the ‘urgent’ need to jump into a fight over who is right and who is wrong, ask yourself this question: "Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?" ~ Wayne Dyer.
7. Accept That You Will Never Stand In Your Full Power, Unless You Release Your Fears
Constantly reliving and reacting to your past, attachments, resentments and fears is what keeps you from growing. We often assume the past looked so much better than the present and the future looks so frightening, but you have to take into consideration the fact that the present moment is all you have and all you will ever have. The past you are now longing for -- the past that you are now dreaming about -- was ignored by you when it was present. Stop deluding yourself. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life. The moment you detach yourself from all those material things you don't need, you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and so serene. You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things without even trying. A state beyond words. Let go of your internal resentment towards people, situations and events. If you hold a grudge, you only take power away from yourself and learning stops. Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exist -- you created it. It’s all in your mind. Correct the inside and the outside will fall into place. Most of the limiting factors on this page stem from fear. Release your fear and everything will change in your life, almost simultaneously. Many successful people have achieved great heights only because they have let go of their fear of success.
Josh Richardson is blogger, healer, and a constant pursuer of the natural state of human consciousness.