Be prepared for the coming holiday season by keeping your kitchen well stocked with a few raw staples such as dates, shredded coconut, raw cacao powder, coconut oil and butter, and raw nuts and seeds. You'll find that with just a few simple ingredients you can replicate many of the not so healthy sweets you might have an inkling to indulge in. This Fragrant Vanilla Cake recipe will satisfy any craving for Almond Joy candy bars. White and dark chocolate envelope a layer of truly raw almond butter with a crunchy almond on top. Irresistibly delicious!
White Chocolate: 1/2 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
liquid stevia to taste
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
about 1/4 cup shredded dried coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid
2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar
a pinch of sea salt
about a 1/3 cup raw almond butter
12 raw almonds
12 mini sized foil cups (regular peanut butter cup sized, not the tiny and not the regular muffin size)
1) Whisk together coconut butter, stevia, and vanilla extract until smooth.
2) Set 12 foil cups out, and fill them 1/3 full with white chocolate. Sprinkle with a little coconut. Set in the freezer until hard (about 15 minutes)
3) Then place about a heaping tsp of almond butter into the center of each.
4) To make the dark chocolate, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
5) Spoon dark chocolate over almond butter to cover. Set an almond on top of each one.
6) Set in the freezer until hard, about 15 minutes. Store in the fridge.