|October 28, 2013 by KAREN FOSTER
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie
Looking for a chocolate chip brownie that is raw, grain free, dairy free, egg free and of course bake-free? This is it and it is divine.
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour
- 4 tbs raw cacao powder
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 6 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbs coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp raw honey
- 1.5 cups organic almond flour
- 3 oz organic chocolate chips, add more or less as desired
- using a food processor or a blender grind the pecans into course meal and place it in a separate bowl
- remove pits from dates and process it into a paste
- mix the pecan meal with the almond flour, cacao powder, date paste, vanilla extract and coconut oil
- line a 7x5 glass baking dish with parchment paper and spread the mixture until evenly distributed
- in a bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract and honey
- add almond flour and mix just until all ingredients are combined. You don’t want to over mix this or the almond flour will start to release its oils and become wet.
- gently fold in chocolate chips
- spread the cookie dough mixture on top of the brownie and use a piece of parchment paper to smooth the top of the cookie dough
- refrigerate until dough is firm, about an hour
- cut into square and enjoy. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Karen Foster is a holistic nutritionist, avid blogger, with five kids and an active lifestyle that keeps her in pursuit of the healthiest path towards a life of balance.