Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 4 large collard leaves
- 1 red bell pepper (preferably organic)
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp cumin (or 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 tsp grated ginger)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- To prepare collard leaves wash leaves, cut off white stem at the bottom that has no leaves and place them in a bath of warm water with juice of half a lemon. Let soak for 10 minutes. Dry the leaves off with paper towels and using a knife thinly slice down the central root (to make it easier to bend the leaves for wrapping).
- Slice avocado and pepper.
- In a food processor combine pecans, tamari, cumin (or garlic ginger mix) and olive oil. Pulse until combined and mixture clumps together.
- Place a collard leaf in front of you and layer nut mix, red pepper slices, avocado slices, a drizzle of lime juice and alfalfa sprouts. Fold over the top and bottom and then wrap up the sides. Slice in half and serve.
Karen Foster is a holistic nutritionist, avid blogger, with five kids and an active lifestyle that keeps her in pursuit of the healthiest path towards a life of balance.